Choose your reimbursement method.
- Direct deposit (free and no minimum reimbursement requirement)
- Check ($25.00 minimum required for check reimbursement)
You’ll automatically receive a check unless you enroll in direct deposit.
Discovery Benefits Debit Card
For both medical and dependent care purchases made on your Benefits Debit Card, the IRS requires the expense be verified.
Some of those purchases can be verified electronically right at the point of purchase, so there’s no need for additional substantiation.
- When requesting reimbursement for dual purpose products, please submit a Medical Necessity Form
- Look for pharmacies and drug stores that have the Inventory Information Approval System (IIAS) or meet the IRS’ 90% rule. Download the most recent list merchant list.
- Hang on to receipts in case you are later asked for verification of the purchase.
Other card purchases will require additional substantiation because the providers don’t typically have the IIAS in place. They include:
- Doctor’s offices
- Dental providers
- Vision/optical facilities
- Pharmacies and drug stores without an IIAS
If you use your FSA to purchase over-the-counter (OTC) medications:
As a result of Health Care Reform, the IRS will require a prescription for OTC medication to be eligible for reimbursement. This change is for medicine purchased on January 1, 2011 or later. Get more information on how health care reform affects your benefits.
Enrolled in a Limited Health FSA?
You can use your debit card for dental and vision and/or preventive expenses only. If your Plan allows, once you meet your annual deductible, you may use your Limited Health FSA (although not your card) for all eligible expenses. Check your Plan description for details about the Limited Health FSA.
How to Submit
- Enter claim information online.
- Print confirmation and fax along with your proof of purchase.
- Reimbursement will be processed once your substantiation is received.
- Take a picture of your receipt.
- Open the Discovery Benefits mobile app and upload.
4321 20th Avenue SW
Fargo, ND 58103