Transportation expenses eligible for reimbursement.
Transit Pass Expenses
These are expenses incurred or paid for a pass, token, fare card, voucher or similar item for transportation that is:
- On mass transit (such as train, bus, subway or ferry), whether or not publicly owned.
- Provided by anyone in the business of transporting persons for compensation or hire if such transportation is provided in a vehicle with a seating capacity of at least six adults (excluding driver).
Commuter Highway Vehicle (Vanpool) Expenses
These are expenses incurred for transportation in a commuter highway vehicle if the transportation is in connection with travel between your home and place of employment.
A commuter highway vehicle is any highway vehicle with a seating capacity of at least six adults (not including the driver) and at least 80% of the yearly mileage is for purposes of transporting you between your home and work, and on trips where the number of individuals transported for work purposes is at least half of the adult seating capacity of the vehicle (excluding driver).
Qualified Parking Expenses
These are expenses incurred for parking at or near your regular place of employment or expenses incurred to park your car at a location from which you commute to your regular place of employment by:
- A commuter highway vehicle
- Mass transit facilities
- Transportation provided by any person in the business of transporting persons for compensation or hire, if such transportation is in a commuter highway vehicle
Maximum Transportation Expenses Allowed Pre Tax
- Transit passes and vanpooling (combined) = $245/mo.
- Parking = $245/mo.